The GDPR places an obligation on any organisation that stores personal data about natural living persons to ensure that they understand what data is being stored, why it is being stored and what is done with it. This document serves to inform Members and Guests of the nature of the data processing activities of the 1066 Rifle and Pistol Club.
The 1066 Rifle and Pistol Club recognises the Information Commissioner’s office in the UK as its regulatory body. The 1066 Rifle and Pistol Club is registered with the ICO as a data controller reg No: ZA099214.
For clarity the 1066 Rifle and Pistol Club is the data controller of data pertaining to Members and Guests (hereafter “you”, “your”), The 1066 Rifle and Pistol Club (hereafter “we”, “our”) may make use of third party service providers or data processors such as online membership systems, online forums, email management services, print and mailing houses and online backup/storage facilities.
The use of these processors may warrant the transfer your personal information outside of the UK or EU. Where this is necessary this may be to countries or territories around the world. We are required to ensure that when we need to do this we comply fully with all aspects of the GDPR to ensure your data is suitably protected.
We will undertake to store personal data securely in accordance with UK Law and EU data security principles.
By way of this document we will inform you what information is stored about you and for what purpose it shall be used. We will only collect and store data for which we have a
Our legal bases for processing your data are:
1) Fulfilment of contract. By agreeing to be a member or guest you have entered into a contract with us.
2) Legal Obligation. (in the case of members and shooting guests only) As a home office registered club we are bound by law to report to our controlling police force when an application to join is made. We are also obliged to report when a member leaves. We are also compelled to maintain records of your (including guests) attendance at firearms related events such as range days and also details of any firearms used.
3) Consent. You will be asked to consent to us using your images for use in publicity related material. You may withdraw this consent at any time but should be aware that if released in print your image will enter the public domain. This does not apply to membership card photographs.
4) Legitimate interest. We may share your details with 3rd parties should we need to recover monies or goods etc or to defend any legal action.
You have the rights to the following:
- The right to be informed (this is the purpose of this document along with any consent you give)
- The right of access (you may request a copy of your data. We will deliver this within 30 days unless your request is very complex. We will inform you if this is the case)
- The right to rectification (you may ask us to correct your data at any time)
- The right to erasure (where consent is the legal basis of processing)
- The right to restrict processing (you may ask us not to process your data but not erase it)
- The right to data portability (you may ask us for a copy of the data in an appropriate format)
- The right to object (where data is not being processed for legal obligation or legitimate interests)
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling. (We do not engage in this)
We will erase your data in a timely fashion subject to UK firearms legislation and guidance from the Home Office in respect of the operating of a Home Office Approved Club. These timings are given in the table below.
We have appointed a data protection officer who will be the point of contact for data privacy related enquiries, who can be reached at DPO1066RPC@Yahoo.com or by writing to us at:
1066 Rifle & Pistol Club, Rock Lane, Hastings, East Sussex,TN35 4NY. We will respond within 30 days of receiving your request.
Version number 1.0 by Mark Cobb 19th May 2018.